The rules for IFLibrary Comp were similar to the IF Comp with these distinctions:
- An author could only submit at most one entry to IFLibrary Comp.
- A walkthrough was required with the game.
- Open discussion was permitted during the voting period (including authors).
- Judges had no time restraints on playing an entry.
(Other names for this competition included IFLibrary.org Competition, IFLibComp, IFLibrary Competition, and IF Library Interactive Fiction Competition.)
There were only two IFLibrary competitions:
- IFLibrary Comp 2002. Three entries. Winner: Passing Familiarity (Papillon; TADS 2).
- IFLibrary Comp 2003. Two entries. Winner: Trapped in School (Paul Drallos; Z-code).
Participation in both events were light, and there were scheduling and conceptual conflicts with the Spring Thing competition, which started also in 2002. Links to the content at the IFLibrary.org site are currently broken, and no further IFLibrary Comps are expected.