IF Fan Fest 1998
This nearly forgotten competition ran in July 1998. The organizer was Stephen Granade.
The IFFF is your chance to create something which has to do, however tangentially, with interactive fiction. I'm interested in most anything you could create: filksongs, parody ads, parody games, transcripts from non-existent games, missing scenes from games...the possibilities are endless.
- July 6 - August 3, 1998: Entries are to be created and submitted to the organizer no later than the evening of August 3rd, EDT.
- August 3 - 10, 1998: An unexplained pause in the IFFF.
- August 10 - August 16, 1998: Voting period.
- August 17ish, 1998: The results are announced.
Note: This may not be a complete listing. Not all the relevant comp pages were recovered.
- ICTYPE--An Interactive Faux Pas, submitted by L. Ross Raszewski.
- The Prophetic Dream of Adam Cadre, submitted by Adam Thornton.
- Four In One, submitted by J. Robinson Wheeler. Note: This was later turned into an actual game, see Four in One.
- A new scene from Riven, submitted by Johanna Drasner. The text submitted with the picture read:
Riven players Teena (left) and Joey (in hat) finally discover the Disney Age. Here they pose with the spinning ball on Tomorrow Island. Seconds after this photo was taken, they were seen muscling this small boy, presumably to get him to admit that Gehn is holding Catherine in the Matterhorn.