Stephen's nickname on the ifMUD is Sargent.
- Waystation (1995; TADS 2). Waystation (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Undertow (1995; TADS 2). IF Comp 1995 TADS division: 4th place. Undertow (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Losing Your Grip (1998; TADS 2). Finalist at XYZZY Awards 1998 for Best Story, Best Individual Puzzle, Best Puzzles, and Best Setting. Losing Your Grip (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Arrival, or Attack of the B-Movie Clichés (1998; TADS 2). IF Comp 1998: 4th place. Finalist at XYZZY Awards 1998 for Best Use of Medium. Arrival, or Attack of the B-Movie Clichés (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Pumping! (as "Riley Hawkins"; 1998; TADS 2). Textfire 12-Pack. Pumping! (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Masta'mind (as "Riley Hawkins"; 1998; TADS 2). Textfire 12-Pack. Masta'mind (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- A Tenuous Hold (as "Riley Hawkins"; 1998; TADS 2). Textfire 12-Pack. A Tenuous Hold (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Common Ground (1999; TADS 2). Finalist at XYZZY Awards 1999 for Best Story. Common Ground (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Constraints (2001; TADS 2). WalkthroughComp. Constraints (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Pong (2001; TADS 2). IF Arcade. Pong (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- MC (2001; TADS 2). IF Arcade. MC (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Pick Up the Phone Booth and Aisle (Ola Sverre Bauge, Steve Bernard, Jon Blask, John Cater, Liza Daly, David Dyte, Stephen Granade, Iain Merrick, Rob Noyes, Dan Schmidt, Dan Shiovitz, Emily Short, J. Robinson Wheeler; 2001; Z-code). Finalist at XYZZY Awards 2001 for Best Use of Medium. Pick Up the Phone Booth and Aisle (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Cave of Adventure (as "Roddy Ramieson"; 2003; AAS). Cave of Adventure (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- AAS Masters (as "David Banner"; 2003; AAS). AAS Masters (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Child's Play (intro: 17-Jul-2006, full: 31-Dec-2007; Z-code). IntroComp 2006: First runner-up. XYZZY Awards 2007: Winner of Best NPCs. Also, finalist in 5 categories: Best Game, Best Writing, Best Puzzles, Best Individual Puzzle (getting the toy from the cabinet), and Best Individual NPC (Zoe).
- Fragile Shells (02-Feb-2010; Z-code). Casual Gameplay Design Competition 7: 2nd place.
- Will Not Let Me Go (01-Oct-2017; Twine; Web browser). IF Comp 2017: 4th place (overall) and 2nd place Miss Congeniality.
- Professor of Magical Studies (08-Dec-2022; ChoiceScript; various platforms).
Review and Article Credits
- Creating Autonomous Non-Player Characters in Interactive Fiction.
- Making Better Puzzles.
- IF Comp 1996: First impressions, Pt 1 and Pt 2.
- IF Art Show reviews: 2001 and 2003.
- Reviews of SmoochieComp.
- Reviews of EnvComp.
- Reviews for SPAG.
- Review of Inform School.
- Organizer of IF Fan Fest 1998.
- Ran The Annual IF Competition every year from IF Comp 1999 to IF Comp 2013.
- Author of the Interactive Fiction Authorship Resource (archive).
- Formerly maintained IF section on About.com, and before that on miningco.com. Some of the articles Stephen wrote during his time with those sites have been carried over to his Brass Lantern website.
- Was an official judge for EnvComp.
- Max Blaster and Doris de Lightning Against the Parrot Creatures of Venus (Dan Shiovitz and Emily Short; 2003; TADS 3).
- Return to Ditch Day (Michael J. Roberts; 12-Jun-2004; TADS 3).
- Live Granades - Stephen's blog
- Stephen Granade (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Land of Stephen Granade (archive) - Stephen's old homepage at phy.duke.edu.
- Maintains the Brass Lantern IF website.
- Undertow, by Stephen Granade - SPAG #7 (Special 1995 I-F Competition Issue).
- The SPAG Interview with Stephen Granade - SPAG #25, June 20, 2001.
- PC Gamer UK Interview: Stephen Granade - by Richard Cobbett for PC Gamer UK, issue 118, January 2003.
- Interview- Special Guest Stephen Granade Interviewed by KF - InsideADRIFT Issue 5, April 2003.
- Magic Words: Interactive Fiction in the 21st Century - by Andrew Vestal and Nich Maragos, illustrations by Erin Mehlos. Originally at 1up.com. Includes interviews of Emily Short, Stephen Granade, Andrew Plotkin, Adam Cadre, Daniel Ravipinto and Star Foster. 2004.
- Cardinal Points: Interactive Fiction Comes Around Again! (archive) - September 30, 2006.
- The Bobby Blackwolf Show (dead link ), a podcast, interviewed Stephen Granade about the IF Competition. October 8, 2006.
- GET LAMP: Stephen Granade. Interview video clips of Stephen Granade for Get Lamp.
- A Conversation with Stephen Granade on the "IF as Casual Game" Aesthetic - SPAG #54, March 31, 2009.
- Tips from interactive fiction authors: 1 and 2 (with Emily Short) - September 11 and October 28, 2010.
- Author Interview: Stephen Granade - interviewed by Natalia Theodoridou for sub-Q, March 31, 2020.