IF Promotional CD, August 2004 Edition
David Cornelson compiled a group of games from the IF Archive with each author's consent. This compilation CD uses Microsoft Windows scripting to allow a game player the ability to launch a game or review the game entry on Baf's Guide. The CD contains all of the programs and files to play these games and no installation occurs on the player's personal computer. Saved games must be saved locally of course.
Legal Note: Permission is granted to use this CD for personal use or to hand to a friend. It is not legal to charge money for the CD, even just the cost of the CD. Permission for Adventure and Dungeon was not granted, but since they are available on the archive, it was felt the spirit of the CD covered their inclusion.
The first compilation was released in August of 2004 and contains the following games:
- Heroes (Sean Barrett).
- 9:05, Textfire Golf, I-0, Photopia, Shrapnel, and Varicella (Adam Cadre).
- Sunset Over Savannah (Ivan Cockrum).
- Risorgimento Represso (Michael Coyne).
- A Bear's Night Out (David Dyte).
- Babel and Kaged (Ian Finley).
- Losing Your Grip (Stephen Granade).
- Muse: An Autumn Romance (Christopher Huang).
- All Roads, The Mulldoon Murders, and The Mulldoon Legacy (Jon Ingold).
- Ad Verbum and Winchester's Nightmare (Nick Montfort).
- Curses; Jigsaw; and The Meteor, The Stone And A Long Glass Of Sherbet (Graham Nelson).
- Earth And Sky and Earth And Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky (Paul O'Brian).
- Hunter, in Darkness; Shade; So Far; The Space Under the Window; Spider And Web; and A Change In The Weather (Andrew Plotkin).
- Moments Out of Time (L. Ross Raszewski).
- For a Change (Dan Schmidt).
- Fallacy of Dawn (Robb Sherwin).
- Galatea, Metamorphoses, Pytho's Mask, and Savoir Faire (Emily Short).
- The Edifice (Lucian Smith).
- Guilty Bastards (Kent Tessman).
- Adventure a.k.a. Colossal Cave.