Note: Ken uses the nicknames KF or KFAdrift on the ADRIFT Forums. On the ifMUD, Ken uses the nickname kenf.
Involved with the ADRIFT community since August 2000, Ken Franklin has been an enthusiatic contributor, but a failed game author. In 2002 Campbell Wild asked him to become a moderator of the new version of the ADRIFT Forum, a role he has carried out since.
Originally had a website KF Adrift on the Web that included a great deal of ADRIFT content, though now it is a broader site of his interests. The ADRIFT content is now much reduced, and the more important information is on the InsideADRIFT site.
- The Pyramid Of The Hamaratum (2003; ADRIFT). ADRIFT 3rd One Hour Comp 2003: 12th place.
- Snakes and Ladders (2004; ADRIFT). ADRIFT 2nd Three Hour Comp 2004: 5th place.
- Zack Smackfoot (21-May-2005; ADRIFT). ADRIFT Intro Comp 2005: 4th place.
- Took over as editor of the InsideADRIFT newsletter with the July 2003 issue no 8; he stepped down from the post in April 2006, although he later also edited the April and July 2008 issues (#37 and #38).
- Was a moderator for the ADRIFT Forums.
- Created Drift On, an ADRIFT-specific wiki, similar in style to the IFWiki. (Drift On was discontinued in September 2007. It was located at http://insideadrift.org.uk/mwiki/.)
- Organized many ADRIFT competitions, including:
- ADRIFT-O-Rama (Mystery; 2003; ADRIFT 4). One of the mini-golf holes is called "KF's Hole" which features chocolate wielding teddy bears running amuck.
- ADRIFTMAS Party (Mystery; 2002; ADRIFT 4). KF, as an NPC, is one of the guests at the party.
- Ken Franklin (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Interview- Special Guest, Ken Franklin a.k.a. KF (View HTML), (View PDF) - InsideADRIFT Issue 7, June 2003.
- Interview: KF questioned by Mystery (View HTML), (View PDF) - InsideADRIFT Issue 18, August 2004.