Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit
IF Comp 1997
17th of 34
XYZZY Awards 1997
Finalist - Best Story
|Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit|
|Author(s)||Ian Ball and Marcus Young|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You are Madame L'Estrange, a Spiritualist Detective, living in Sydney, Australia. You are carrying a handbag and a notebook. A "Mr. Jones" visits you, and asks you to investigate the death of his cousin, Dr. David Taverner, a marine biologist found dead in the harbour near Harbour Bridge. When you have learned why and how Taverner died, you are to visit "Jones" in Room 1313 of the Hilton Hotel and answer his questions.
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit (Ian Ball and Marcus Young; 1997; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 970929 / Inform v6.05 Library 6/2
- IFID: ZCODE-1-970929-6C0F
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 1997: 17th place of 34 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 1997: Finalist for Best Story.
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit - at IFDB.
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit - at SPAG.
- Madame L'Estrange and the Troubled Spirit - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review (archive) - by Duncan Stevens.
The dreadful truth is, this page is incomplete.
How It Begins, Notable Features, full version info.
Note: This page was originally auto-generated. Please check for errors.
Please refer to the IFWiki game page style guide when making changes.