Michael J. Roberts
Mike Roberts is a software engineer whose TADS authoring system is one of the mainstays of the IF community.
- Deep Space Drifter (with Steve McAdams; 1988; TADS).
- Ditch Day Drifter (1990; TADS).
- Perdition's Flames (1993; TADS).
- The Plant (1998; TADS 2). IF Comp 1998: 3rd place. Was a finalist for Best Individual Puzzle at the XYZZY Awards 1998.
- Rat In Control (2003; TADS 3) test game comparing relative directions to compass directions.
- Return to Ditch Day (2004; TADS 3). Was a finalist for Best Game, Best Individual NPC (Xojo), and Best Use of Medium at the XYZZY Awards 2004.
- Created and maintains the TADS authoring system. Originally shareware in 1987; released as freeware in 1996.
- Created and maintains IFDB, the Interactive Fiction Database, in October 2007.
Review and Article Credits
- Wrote reviews of the games in IF Comp 1999.
- IF Art Show reviews : Summer 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2007.
- Reviews of EnvComp.
- Reviews for SPAG.
- Was one of the judges at every IF Art Show to date (1999–2004).
- Was an official judge for EnvComp.
- On the advisory board for the Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation.
- Michael J. Roberts (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Робертс, Майкл (Roberts, Mike) at IF-Вики (the Russian IF wiki).
- Interview with SynTax - issue #17, 1992.
- Interview with SynTax - issue #36, 1995.
- Interview with SPAG - issue #33, June 25, 2003.
- Interview with AIF Newletter - March 2007. Interview by A. Bomire.