Ditch Day Drifter
|Ditch Day Drifter|
|Author(s)||Michael J. Roberts|
|Authoring system||TADS 2 and Inform 6|
|Language(s)||English and Russian|
How It Begins
You are an undergraduate Caltech student, and the campus is holding the annual Ditch Day. Ditch Day is an event where senior students leave behind puzzles for the underclassmen to solve in order to break into the senior's rooms.
- Ditch Day Drifter is the original TADS sample game, but is also a fully fleshed-out interactive fiction game.
- The game is highly linear. It contains several easy, well-planned puzzles; however, solving some of the more-or-less independent puzzles does not necessarily advance the plot.
- Though none of the NPCs in the game are conversational, their behavior is well-developed.
- The protagonist's story continues into another TADS game, Deep Space Drifter, though the latter is not necessarily its sequel.
- The game contains references to the Infocom game Planetfall.
- Ditch Day Drifter (Michael J. Roberts; TADS 2).
- Ditch Day Drifter (Michael J. Roberts; TADS 2; Russian).
Inform 6 port
- Ditch Day Drifter (Michael J. Roberts).
- Download ditchday_map.txt from the IF Archive. Note about maps.
- Download ditchday_map_wide.gmp from the IF Archive. Map (wide) in GUEmap format.
- Download ditchday_map_printer.gmp from the IF Archive. Map (printer) in GUEmap format.
- Download ditch_maps_ps.zip from the IF Archive. Maps in Postscript format.
- Download ditch_maps_dia.zip from the IF Archive. Maps in Dia format.
- Download ditchday.step from the IF Archive. Walkthrough.
- Download ditch.inf from the IF Archive. Inform 6 port source code.
- Download iditchs-html.zip from the IF Archive. Inform 6 port source code. Annotated HTML version
- Download iditchs.zip from the IF Archive. Inform 6 port source code.
- Walkthrough and maps by David Welbourn.