On the Farm
IF Comp 1999
7th of 37
|On the Farm|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
(The game first informs the player about the about, version, commands, hints, photo, and credits commands.)
You might be any young person, possibly a teenager, wearing sneakers, jeans, and a t-shirt, but carrying nothing. Your mom has just unceremoniously dropped you off for the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's run-down farm where they don't even have electricity! You'll be so bored!
As you enter the porch — which features Grandpa's rocking chair, planks stained with tobacco juice, the handrail, the mail bin, and wind chimes, — you catch the tail end of a vicious argument between your grandparents, ending with your Grandma slamming the door behind her as she storms back inside. Grandpa welcomes you and tells you he's "in a pickle" with Grandma and asks if you can help find a way to get her to forgive him.
Trivia and Comments
- The optional graphics only appear at the beginning and end of the game. They are not needed to play the game.
- On the Farm (Lenny Pitts; 1999; TADS 2).
- IFID wanted. (Please replace this line with a babel template.)
- IF Comp 1999: 7th place of 37 entries.
- Download otf.gam from the IF Archive - The story file.
- Download trcolor.dat from the IF Archive - Color file, to be used if using the DOS TR runtime.
- Download readme.txt from the IF Archive - Author's blurb.
- On the Farm (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- On the Farm - at IFDB.
- On the Farm - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- On the Farm - at SPAG.
- On the Farm - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review (archive) - by Duncan Stevens.
- Download walkthru.txt from the IF Archive - Walkthrough.
- Walkthrough and map by David Welbourn.
The dreadful truth is, this page is incomplete.
Genres, How It Begins, Notable Features, full version info.
Note: This page was originally auto-generated. Please check for errors.
Please refer to the IFWiki game page style guide when making changes.