Words Get Twisted Round and Tumble Down
|Words Get Twisted Round and Tumble Down|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Graphics||yes: ASCII art|
How It Begins
There is an ASCII art title screen.
Pressing any key brings up the main screen, where an "o" bounces between "m" and "ve". Also on the main screen is an ASCII art figure with the letter "q" in the center of a spoked wheel. Digits from 1 to 9 (except 5) are at the ends of the spokes. The arrangement of the digits is the same as on a typical numerical keypad, with the "q" replacing the "5".
- Not interactive fiction as normally understood. There is no player character, no setting, no inventory, no parser. Instead, this is a collection of short poems and ASCII art. Type a number from 1 to 9 to view one of the pieces. Type 0 to display the credits.
- ASCII art including some minimal animation.
- Input case is significant. A lowercase "q" quits the game, but an uppercase "Q" is ignored.
- Words Get Twisted Round and Tumble Down (Gunther Schmidl; 2000; Z-code 4).
- Words Get Twisted Round and Tumble Down (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Words Get Twisted Round and Tumble Down - at IFDB.