XYZZY Awards 2018
Browse the XYZZY Awards either by year:
- 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021
Or by category:
- Best Game | Best Writing | Best Story | Best Setting | Best Puzzles | Best NPCs | Best Individual Puzzle | Best Individual NPC | Best Individual PC | Best Use of Medium (1997–2009) | Best Implementation (2010–) | Best Use of Innovation (2010–) | Best Technological Development (2010–) | Best Supplemental Materials (2010–2013) | Best Use of Multimedia (2014–) | Other awards
The XYZZY Awards 2018 were organized by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- 05-Jul-2019: First round voting opens. "(Probably setting a record for the latest in the year; sorry about that.)"
- 19-Jul-2019: Last day of first round voting. "The first round will remain open through the 19th of July (technically, with votes closing at 1 AM US-Pacific time on the 20th)."
- 23-Jul-2019: Second round voting opens.
- 09-Aug-2019: Last day of second round voting.
- 16-Aug-2019: Final results announced.
2018 XYZZY Awards Winners
- Best Game: Bogeyman (Elizabeth Smyth).
- Best Writing: Animalia (Ian Michael Waddell) and Bogeyman (Elizabeth Smyth). (tie)
- Best Story: Bogeyman (Elizabeth Smyth).
- Best Setting: Cannery Vale (Hanon Ondricek).
- Best Puzzles: Junior Arithmancer (Mike Spivey).
- Best NPCs: Animalia (Ian Michael Waddell).
- Best Individual Puzzle: solving your murder in Erstwhile (Maddie Fialla and Marijke Perry).
- Best Individual NPC: the Bogeyman in Bogeyman (Elizabeth Smyth).
- Best Individual PC: the Magpie in Alias 'The Magpie' (J. J. Guest).
- Best Implementation: Cragne Manor (Ryan Veeder, Jenni Polodna, et al.).
- Best Use of Innovation: I.A.G. Alpha (Serhii Mozhaiskyi).
- Best Technological Development: Dialog by Linus Åkesson.
- Best Use of Multimedia: Bandersnatch (Charlie Brooker and David Slade).
2018 XYZZY Awards Finalists
- Best Game
- Best Writing
- Best Story
- Best Setting
- Best Puzzles
- Best NPCs
- Best Individual Puzzle
- defeating Ynf-Okh-Omm in The Lurking Horror II: The Lurkening (Ryan Veeder)
- The last Flower Child puzzle in The Temple of Shorgil (Arthur DiBianca)
- Rooftop puzzle in I.A.G. Alpha (Serhii Mozhaiskyi)
- solving your murder in Erstwhile ([[Maddie Fialla, Marijke Perry)
- Werewolf/moon puzzle in The Origin of Madame Time (Mathbrush)
- Best Individual NPC
- Arthur the cat in Charming (Kaylah Facey)
- The Bogeyman in Bogeyman (Elizabeth Smyth)
- Colin Ritman in Bandersnatch ([[Charlie Brooker, David Slade)
- Crystal in Illuminismo Iniziato (Michael J. Coyne)
- Lemmy in Terminal Interface for Models RCM301-303 (Victor Gijsbers as "VigiMech Corporation")
- Ruslan in I.A.G. Alpha (Serhii Mozhaiskyi)
- Best Individual PC
- Author in Cannery Vale (Hanon Ondricek)
- Jacob Morris in Grimnoir (ProP)
- the Magpie in Alias 'The Magpie' (J. J. Guest)
- Nikolai in I.A.G. Alpha (Serhii Mozhaiskyi)
- the Silver Agent in Six Silver Bullets (William Dooling)
- Best Implementation
- Best Use of Innovation
- Best Technological Development
- Vorple 3.1
- Best Use of Multimedia
- Bandersnatch (Charlie Brooker, David Slade)
- DEVOTIONALIA (G. Grimoire)
- Ürs ([[Christopher Hayes, Daniel Talsky)
- Soft Earth (Jon Sorce)
- StupidRPG (Steven Richards)
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (Dim Bulb Games)
- XYZZY Awards site:
- XYZZY Awards 2018: First Round Open. July 5, 2019.
- XYZZY Awards 2018: finalists and final round. July 23, 2019.
- 2018 XYZZY Awards, final results. August 16, 2019.
This article is a stub. You can help IFWiki by expanding it.
TODO: Dates, entries, platforms.
TODO: Dates, entries, platforms.