And the Waves Choke the Wind
|And the Waves Choke the Wind|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
How it begins is Gunther Schmidl, suggesting a raft floating on a body of water, in the midst of a situation that demands IF commands of a player, to situate themselves. Also, a sound design, and asking of Rob Wheeler, another IF author, who had MIDI capability, and I liked a lot. Back then, Gunther asked, MIDI? Music?
Rob and Gunther worked together on one IF game. Rob wrote a few MIDI music cues, being excited about it at the time. Then he went off the rails and got drunk and Gunther never talked to him again. But they did work on And the Waves Choke the Wind together. For the history of IF books.
- And the Waves Choke the Wind (Gunther Schmidl; 2000; Z-code 8).
- And the Waves Choke the Wind - at SPAG.
- And the Waves Choke the Wind - at IF Ratings.
- And the Waves Choke the Wind - at Trotting Krips, reviewed by Robb Sherwin.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.