ChickenComp was a minicomp organized in June 1998 by Adam Cadre. You can play some of these games on-line at ifiction.org.
This is a call for tiny games by anyone who would like to contribute. The theme of the game should be:
A CHICKEN CROSSING A ROAD.
Do anything you like with this theme. A first-person "you are the chicken" approach is fine; a game set in a cafe where a pretentious grad student compares road-crossing chickens to the plight of the proletariat in post-Marxist society is also fine. All I ask is that the chicken crossing the road should be readily apparent (please, no games about something entirely unrelated except for the fact that >XYZZY produces the response, "A hollow voice says, 'Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!'") and that the game be short. If you spend more than an afternoon or two on it, you're missing the point.
- Are you Too Chicken to Make a Deal? (Mitchell Taylor; Z-code).
- Behavior (William J. Shlaer; Z-code).
- Chicken! (Gunther Schmidl; Z-code).
- Chicken and Egg (Adam Thornton; Z-code).
- The Chicken Under the Window (Lucian P. Smith; Z-code).
- The Chicken's Dilemma (Jason Dyer; Hugo).
- Chickens of Distinction, or, It Takes a Tough Man to Make a Tender Chicken (Liza Daly; Z-code).
- Hey, I'm Supposed to be Free Range (Adam Cadre as "Opal O'Donnell"; Z-code).
- The Landing (Neil K. Guy; TADS 2).
- Learning to Cross (Mark Musante; TADS 2).
- The Lesson of the Chicken (Rob Noyes; Z-code).
- The one about the chicken, the lion and the monkey? (Sam Barlow; Z-code).
- Orpington (William J. Shlaer; Z-code).
- Pollo y Camino a.k.a. Chicken and Road (Jay Goemmer; Z-code).
- Saied (Robb Sherwin; Z-code).
- Sisychickenphus (Lelah Conrad; TADS 2).
- The Story of Morris the Chicken Being Helped by a Squirrel (Mikko Vuorinen; Alan).
- Unity! (Greg Ewing; Alan).
- The X Chicken (David Cornelson; Z-code).
- New chicken-coop! Er, -comp! - announcement by Adam Cadre, May 25, 1998.
- Ten days to chicken-comp deadline - reminder by Adam Cadre, June 5, 1998.
- Chicken-comp games uploaded! - June 18, 1998.
- Reviews by Mark Musante.