|Links||Home page Play online|
|Formats||ADRIFT 4, Glulx, Hugo, TADS 2, TADS 3, Z-code|
|Latest version||0.2.0 / 29 Jun 2023|
|Multimedia support||No multimedia|
|Browse the software database|
|Edit this infobox|
ElseIFPlayer, like Parchment, is based on Emglken but does not aim to replace it. While Parchment remains the de facto standard among web interpreters, ElseIFPlayer takes a fresh approach to text-only Interactive Fiction. ElseIFPlayer is Parchment's rebellious little brother.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, some games will look and feel better in ElseIFPlayer than ever before, while others may turn into a dreadful mess of letters.
- Excellent user experience on both mobile devices and desktop.
- Very smooth and neat.
- Works directly in your browser.
- A wide range of color themes allows you to get deeper into the atmosphere of a particular game, or synchronise the player's appearance with the colors of your operating system, text editor or even keycaps.
- Intfiction topic: New Interactive Fiction web player (March, 2021)
- Intfiction topic: Updated Interactive Fiction web player: ElseIFPlayer (July, 2021)
- Intfiction topic: ElseIFPlayer: Update (June, 2023)
|By format||ADRIFT • AdvSys • AGT • Alan • Glulx • Hugo • Magnetic Scrolls • TADS • Z-code|
|By system||Browser • Android • iOS • Linux • macOS • Windows|
|Browse||Recommended interpreters • •|
|Other software||Authoring systems • Utilities|