(Redirected from IFID:6FB33653-486C-4DF2-B9F4-C347678CEC47)
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Today is a cold day in the village. You have always been cold, for as long as you can remember, whenever you are outside. Warmth is something you know only from sitting around the fire in woolen blankets, enwrapped in your mother's warm arms.
Yesterday, in years gone by, when your father was still alive, you remember the three of you huddling near the fire, playing games, talking about your father's many hunting adventures, and generally feeling warm, regardless of the temperature.
Tomorrow you will be ten years old.
Today you have work to do. You are only nine; you cannot do much of the hard labour your fellow villagers do. Too young to hunt, too young to fish, too young to do any heavy lifting, but you try to be useful. You run errands, do chores, and you hope that one day you can do more. Perhaps this is that day.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring? But today holds such promise.
- The Promise (Sean Huxter; 04-Apr-2011; Glulx).
- Testers: Sean Dickinson, Divarin, John Ford, Al Golden, Lorien Green, Katzy, Kevin Jackson-Mead, and Poster.
- Online help contributors: Jim Aikin, Michael Baltes, cunningjames, JPankratz, and Andrew Plotkin.
- IFID: 6FB33653-486C-4DF2-B9F4-C347678CEC47
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- Spring Thing 2011: 5th place of 6 entries.
- Download options: