Note: Jim's nickname on ifMud is midiguru.
- Not Just An Ordinary Ballerina (1999; Z-code). Finalist in XYZZY Awards 1999 for Best Puzzles.
- Last Resort (Dec-2006; Glulx).
- Lydia's Heart (Aug-2007; TADS 3). Extensively upgraded version of Last Resort: same story, more rooms, new puzzles, new dramatic events.
- Tin (05-Aug-2007; TADS 3). IntroComp 2007: First runner-up.
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret (with Eric Eve; 16-Feb-2008; TADS 3). IFBeginnersComp: 1st place. Interactive Short Fiction Competition: Winner.
- April in Paris (01-Oct-2008; TADS 3). IF Comp 2008: 8th place.
- A Flustered Duck (31-Mar-2009; Glulx). Spring Thing 2009: Winner.
- Heavenly (02-Feb-2010; Z-code 8). Casual Gameplay Design Competition 7: 16th place.
- The White Bull (07-Apr-2012; TADS 3). Spring Thing 2012: 2nd place.
- Captivity (01-Oct-2020; TADS 3). IF Comp 2020: 16th place (tie).
Review and Article Credits
- Organized IF Authors' Workshop, whose goal is to help one another with every aspect of authorship (writing, story development, character development, puzzles...) except coding problems. Announced in April 2008 (see r*if thread).
- Inevitable (Kathleen M. Fischer; 2003; Z-code 5).
- The Primrose Path (Nolan Bonvouloir; 30-Sep-2006; Z-code 8).
- Blighted Isle (Eric Eve; 14-Jul-2007; TADS 3).
- Ferrous Ring (Carma Ferris; 30-Sep-2007; Glulx).
- Nightfall (Eric Eve; 01-Oct-2008; Glulx).
- Shelter from the Storm (Eric Eve; 31-May-2009; TADS 3).
- Jack Toresal and The Secret Letter (Michael Gentry and David A. Cornelson, illustrator: Erika Swanson, publisher: Textfyre; 26-Jun-2009; FyreVM).
- The Inform 7 Handbook . (Italian translation by Leonardo Boselli.)
- Some articles at his website, including Getting Started with Interactive Fiction (archive), Playing Fair with the Player , and Tips on Using TADS 3 .
- The Interactive Fiction Pages at MusicWords, Jim Aikin's website.
- Jim Aikin (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Jim Aikin - at Wikipedia.
- Interview: Jim Aikin, on "Run! Run!" - August 17, 2008.