(Redirected from IFID:ZCODE-1-000322-42B6)
An Interactive Seascape
|Author(s)||Kathleen M. Fischer|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
It's 1876. You are a young lady carrying a purse and wearing a new engagement ring, a silk dress, a pair of shoes and a pair of stockings. You have traveled by carriage to this isolated rocky point overlooking the western sea, a place you haven't visited in six years. You're not sure why you came here. You didn't intend to; you meant to go on the train and uphold your end of the bargain. Your outfit isn't practical for this place, and storm clouds are approaching.
But this place holds so many memories for you. Perhaps if you look around, you'll understand why you came here.
- The status bar is three rows high which includes an ASCII art compass rose.
- The game, although mostly (but not quite) puzzleless, uses a score. The maximum score is 28 points. Points are awarded when you discover or examine new wildlife. The cove is home to many birds, fish, and other creatures.
- The game encourages the player to use all five senses verbs (EXAMINE, SMELL, LISTEN, TASTE, TOUCH) to explore the environment, and also to REMEMBER or THINK from time to time.
- The Cove (Kathleen M. Fischer; Mar-2000; Z-code 5).
- The Cove (Kathleen M. Fischer; May-2000; Z-code 5).