Muse: An Autumn Romance
|Muse: An Autumn Romance|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
It's the fall of 1886. The 59 year-old church official Stephen Dawson is on the last day of his Alpine sabbatical and is about to cross the channel to Dover from a small coastal town in France. As the boatman waits for him to board his fishing boat, Stephen catches a glimpse of a young woman in the corner of his eye.
He ventures into town in search of her and decides to postpone his return by several days.
- This game is an early example of IF told in first person perspective, rather than the more traditional second person.
- The game is predominantly written in the past tense.
Release 1 (Competition release)
- Muse: An Autumn Romance (Christopher Huang; Oct-1998; Z-code).
- Release 1 / Serial number 980927 / Inform v6.15 Library 6/7
- IFID: ZCODE-1-980927-319F
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 1998: 2nd place of 27 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 1998: Finalist for Best Individual PC, Best NPCs, Best Setting, and Best Writing.
- Play this version online.
- Muse: An Autumn Romance (Christopher Huang; 23-Sep-1999; Z-code).
- Muse: An Autumn Romance (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Muse: An Autumn Romance - at IFDB.
- Muse: An Autumn Romance - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Muse: An Autumn Romance - at IF Ratings
- Muse: An Autumn Romance - at SPAG, reviews by Duncan Stevens, Adam Cadre, Brian Blackwell, and Paul O'Brian.
- Muse: An Autumn Romance - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review - by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review (archive) - by Duncan Stevens.