Beanstalk the and Jack
|Beanstalk the and Jack|
|Authoring system||ADRIFT 4|
How It Begins
You are Jack, an 8 year-old farmboy, dreaming that you're now 12 and carrying an axe and a golden harp. You're outside your cottage with your mother. A giant green stump is in the center of the garden. A sweet voice promises you a glorious future if you can only figure out how you got to this situation.
- The story is that of the fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk" but played backwards.
- Beanstalk the and Jack (David Welbourn; 04-Jun-2008; ADRIFT 4).
- Beta-testing by Taleslinger.
- IFID: ADRIFT-400-006E359B4F3AAAD5FB8EBDD6C4B90B2E
IFID links: IFDB
- The Comp With No Name 2008: 1st place of 3 entries.
- Download Beanstalk.taf from the IF Archive
- Or download No_Name_Comp.zip (all three No Name Comp games) from the Adrift site.
- Or download Beanstalk.taf from the author's site.
- Or Download Beanstalk.zip from Delron.
Note: This version doesn't work under Gargoyle or SCARE-based interpreters. The ADRIFT Runner is recommended for this game.
- Beanstalk the and Jack (archived) - at Baf's Guide
- Beanstalk the and Jack - at IFDB
- Beanstalk the and Jack at ifwizz.
- Delron review compilation by various reviewers.
- Review by David Whyld (on the ADRIFT Forum).
- Reviews at IFRO.