IF Comp 1997
31st of 34
|Author(s)||Harry M. Hardjono|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying nothing. You applied for a winemaking job, but instead, you were suckerpunched and locked into this bare room. Looking around, you see a locked steel door to the west, another room to the east, a switch on the wall, a wire dangling from the ceiling, and a wooden chair. You want to escape.
- The author's command of English isn't the best, and some objects are inadequately described or don't give adequate feedback when used.
- Some items are listed as blank lines in the inventory. This is a clumsy way to hide objects from the player when the PC shouldn't have access to them.
- At least three ways to die in this game.
- Score and rank. The score goes from 0 to 31. The rank goes from "Trapped like a rat!" to "Master of the Game".
- CASK (Harry M. Hardjono; 1997; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 970917 / Inform v6.11 Library 6/4 D
- IFID: ZCODE-1-970917-ED96
IFID links: IFDB
- Room count: 4.
- IF Comp 1997: 31st of 34 entries.
- Download cask.z5 from the IF Archive - The story file.
- Play it online - at ifiction.org.
- CASK (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- CASK - at IFDB.
- CASK - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- CASK - at IF Ratings.
- Review - by Paul O'Brian.
- Review (archive) - by Duncan Stevens.
- Download cask.inf from the IF Archive - The Inform source code.
- Download cask.txt from the IF Archive - Note from author; contains walkthrough.