|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You might be anyone, carrying a dollar bill, and enjoying your day at the carnival. You are surrounded by people, signs, and booths; the carnival extends in all directions. You really want to win a prize at one of the booths.
- Minimal approach to world building. Most things mentioned in room descriptions are just scenery, and the entire carnival is implemented in just three locations. Atmospheric messages are used to add a suitable carnival atmosphere to the game, and the endless field technique is used to make the carnival seem larger than it really is.
- Only one puzzle.
- Carnival (Admiral Jota; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 991126 / Inform v6.15 Library 6/7
- IFID: ZCODE-1-991126-1B61
IFID links: IFDB
- Speed-IF 5.5 entry.
- Room count: 3.
- Download SpeedIF05.5.zip from the IF Archive - All the games entered in Speed-IF 5.5. The story file for this game is carnival.z5.
- Carnival (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Carnival - at IFDB.
- Carnival - at IF Ratings.