Coke Is It!
Coke Is It!
An Interactive Commercial
Copyright (c) 1999 by Soda Pop Productions.
Note: 'Coca-Cola' and 'Coke' are registered trademarks of the Coca-Cola bottling company.
|Coke Is It!|
|Author(s)||Adam Cadre, David Dyte, Michael Fessler, Lucian P. Smith, Dan Shiovitz, Adam Thornton, J. Robinson Wheeler|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
You have just bought a soft drink (more specifically, a can of a certain brand of carbonated drinks made from concentrates) from your favorite dispenser. While drinking the beverage (that is also the only item you are carrying) you notice that the vending machine allows you to make another choice... it's just that now the alternatives are unusual.
- Many many references to Coca-Cola. Several of Coca-Cola's slogans are used within the game.
- The authors and their contributions to this game (mostly based on other games of interactive fiction) are:
- Lucian Smith: The main module and library replacement.
- Adam Thornton: Curses module.
- J. Robinson Wheeler: Adventure module.
- Michael Fessler: Planetfall module.
- Adam Cadre: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy module.
- Dan Shiovitz: Losing Your Grip module.
- David Dyte: A Bear's Night Out module.
- Coke Is It! (Adam Cadre, David Dyte, Michael Fessler, Lucian P. Smith, Dan Shiovitz, Adam Thornton, and J. Robinson Wheeler collectively as "Soda Pop Productions"; 1999; Z-code 5).
- Release 1 / Serial number 990331 / Inform v6.15 Library 6/7
- IFID: ZCODE-1-990331-AFB6
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- Download coke.zip from the IF Archive
Files contained in the zipfle:
- CokeIsIt.z5 - The story file.
- Lantern.gif - A Coca-Cola lantern logo.
- readme.txt - A note supposedly from "JP Fizzlewick, Public Relations, The Coca-Cola Company" heralding the return of interactive fiction. (This text is also available in-game via the ABOUT command.)
- Coke Is It! (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Coke Is It! - at IFDB.
- Coke Is It! - at IF Ratings.