The Blind House
(Redirected from IFID:7790A3D4-6679-43F0-A915-F1E530BEAEDD)
|The Blind House|
|Authoring system||Inform 7|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
First, a menu is offered to the player: type H for Help; press SPACE to start a new game; type R to Restart; or Q to Quit.
I am Helena, a tall blonde woman wearing an overcoat over my blouse and skirt. I can feel the cold steel of a kitchen knife in my pocket. I wait impatiently in the cold as Marissa struggles with the mortice key to her modest house. Finally, we're inside, and Marissa timidly asks if she can get me anything.
After I answer her, she leads me to my room. It's clean and has a bed, mirror, cupboard, and window. I'm exhausted. I just want to sleep.
- Written in first person.
- After the prologue, a three-row status bar appears at the top of the screen, and a thick banner appears at the bottom of the screen. The third line of status bar displays some of Helena's inner monologue which sometimes offers hints to the player on what they should focus their attention on next. The lower banner displays the game's cover art and title plus a sketchy diagram (map) of the current location.
- Menu-based conversation, either initiated by the TALK TO command or by the NPCs themselves.
- Unreliable narrator.
- At least three different endings.
- The Blind House (Amanda Allen as "Maude Overton"; 01-Oct-2010; Glulx).
- Release 1 / Serial number 101001 / Inform 7 build 6E72 (I6/v6.31 lib 6/12N)
- Beta-testers: Cristina Nicolae, Gabriel Nicolae, Adam Orsag, Dani S, and Xine.
- IFID: 7790A3D4-6679-43F0-A915-F1E530BEAEDD
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 2010: 4th place of 26 entries.
- XYZZY Awards 2010. Finalist for Best Writing and Best Individual PC (Helena).
- Download The%20Blind%20House.gblorb from the IF Archive. The story file.
- Baf's Guide line wanted. (Please replace this line with a baf game template.).
- The Blind House - at IFDB
- The Blind House - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Review by Lynnea Dally.
- Review by Sam Kabo Ashwell.
- Review by Martin Barth (in German).
- Review by Brad Buchanan.
- Review by Chris.
- Review (in Italian) by Francesco Cordella.
- Review by Cup of Joe.
- Review by Danielle.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Imrihamun (Cobaltnine).
- Review by Admiral Jota.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Marius Müller.
- Review by Steven Odhner.
- Review: 1 and 2 by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Rhian.
- Review by Kate Sherrod.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Skeet.