Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret
(Redirected from IFID:9C8B2FBA-BB69-5767-E8D4-74EEFA08DACA)
|Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret|
|Author(s)||Jim Aikin and Eric Eve|
|Authoring system||TADS 3|
How It Begins
Walking home from school is mostly okay, except for one big problem: Every day you have to pass right by Mrs. Pepper's house. She may not actually be a witch, but she sure acts like one. She's ugly and crabby, and she seems to go out of her way to cause trouble for you. The time she came at you with the garden rake, swinging it like it was a giant claw... you still shudder when you think of it.
- The puzzles have been designed so that a player who manages to solve this game will know almost everything he needs to successfully grapple with other games: he will know how to talk to NPCs, how to find hidden objects, how to overcome darkness, and so on. This was done to make Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret a good introduction to IF for beginners.
- There is, however, no maze in Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret.
Version 1.02 (Competition release)
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret (Jim Aikin and Eric Eve; 16-Feb-2008; TADS 3).
- Beta-testing by Emily Boegheim, Hannah Boegheim, Chris Jones, Juhana Leinonen, Jeff Liu, Justin Lowmaster, Radical Al, S. John Ross, Mike Snyder, and Mike Tarbert.
- IFID: 9C8B2FBA-BB69-5767-E8D4-74EEFA08DACA
IFID links: IFDB
- IFBeginnersComp: 1st place of 5 entries.
- Interactive Short Fiction Competition: 1st place of 4 entries.
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret - RGIF thread.
- Mrs. Pepper's Nasty Secret - at IFDB.