Krakatoa Tuna Melt
|Krakatoa Tuna Melt|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
How It Begins
You are the current champion of Krakatoa Survivor Challenge, a television game show filmed on the island of Krakatoa. You're carrying nothing. The show's host, Biff Bradclaw, introduces you and your fellow constestants to the unseen audience before giving you your challenge: make a tuna melt sandwich from the materials on the island and be the first to bring it back here to the challenge camp.
WARNING: A dead sheep found in the game may be unpleasant to some players.
- Wandering NPCs. Your fellow contestants randomly wander about most of the game map, occassionally appearing to interact with the environment.
- Atmospheric messages help add a sense of location.
- Some reviewers commented this game has some guess-the-verb problems.
- It's possible to die in this game, and even destroy the entire world.
Trivia and Comments
- The game earns a Cruel rating because it's possible to lose Emil before he's had a chance to help you.
- Three of the locations were reused years later in Easter Egg Hunt 2020 (David Welbourn; 2020; Glulx).
- The NPC "Emil Petit" is very loosely modeled on Emily Short, except male and French, of course.
- I don't think anyone figured out the baby is supposed to be Superman, although if you play the game knowing that, you might be able to spot some of my oh-so-subtle hints (such as the El Bakery).
- I have yet to see a single episode of Survivor.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt (David Welbourn; 2002; Z-code 5).
- Release 2 / Serial number 021215 / Inform v6.21 Library 6/10
- IFID: ZCODE-2-021215-1E6E
IFID links: IFDB, IFDB cover
- Speed-IF 10−9 entry.
- Download SpeedIF10-9.zip from the IF Archive - All the games entered in Speed-IF 10^−9. The story file for this game is krakatoa.z5.
- Or download krakatoa.z5 from the author's site.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt (archived) - at Baf's Guide.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt at CASA.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt - at IFDB.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt at ifwizz.
- Reviews at IFRO.
- Krakatoa Tuna Melt - at IF Ratings.