Best Writing (Erins)
Awarded to the game with the best story, atmosphere and use of the language.
From the 2005 ballot:
The award for this new category should be given to the game that best combined storytelling, atmosphere and use of language to create a compelling AIF experience.
Note: This page combines both Best Story (2002—2004) and Best Writing (2005—) awards since they appear to be similar in concept.
Best Story (2002–2004)
Note: A "first age game" was written prior to 2000; a "new age game" is one written on or after 2000.
- Best Story in a First Age Game: Emy Discovers Life (Mkj; 1998; AGT).
- Best Story in a New Age Game: Memories are Made of These (Optimus; 2002; TADS 2).
- Best Story: Dear Brian (Choices and Christopher Cole; TADS 3).
- Best Story: Hell in Highwater (J. Arthur; TADS 2).
Best Writing (2005–present)
- Best Writing: Tomorrow Never Comes (A. Bomire; 04-Feb-2005; TADS 2).
- Best Writing: Gifts of Phallius 2: The Key to Eternity (GoblinBoy; TADS 2).
- Best Writing: Crossworlds Part 4 - Scream For Me (BBBen; ADRIFT 3.9).
Note: There was no Erins 2008.