J. J. Guest
(Redirected from Jason Guest)
Note: Jason Guest's nickname on the ADRIFT Forums was The Amazing Poodle Boy, changed to J. J. Guest. On the ifMUD, his nickname is JJGuest.
J. J. Guest lives and works in London, England.
- Escape from the Crazy Place (1983–2006; book, HTML, and TADS 2).
- There are several versions of this game. It was originally created as a series of books, written and illustrated by Jason and several of his friends; some versions of these books are lost. The HTML version was worked on between 1998 and 2002 and is playable online at the author's website. The TADS version was released in July 2006 and is an expanded version written for LOTECH Comp 2006, but it was disqualified for being previously released.
- Goldilocks Is A Fox (2002; ADRIFT). ADRIFT Summer Comp 2002: 2nd Place. ADRIFT End Of Year Comp 2002: 1st Place.
- To Hell in a Hamper (2003; ADRIFT and TADS 2). ADRIFT Spring Comp 2003: 1st Place. ADRIFT End Of Year Comp 2003: 1st Place. InsideADRIFT Awards 2003: winner "Best Game", "Best Small Game" and "Most Original Plot/Setting".
- Yak Shaving for Kicks and Giggles! (27-Sep-2008; ADRIFT 4). The Odd Competition: 3rd place.
- Renegade Brainwave (31-Oct-2010; ADRIFT 4). Ectocomp 2010: 2nd place.
- Alias 'The Magpie' (01-Oct-2018; Glulx). IF Comp 2018: 1st place (general) and 1st place Miss Congeniality.
- Excalibur (with G.C. Baccaris and Duncan Bowsman; 2021; Twine). Spring Thing 2021.
Review and Article Credits
- Organized Ectocomp 2007, Ectocomp 2008, Ectocomp 2010, Ectocomp 2012, Ectocomp 2013, Ectocomp 2014 (with Duncan Bowsman), Ectocomp 2015 and Ectocomp 2016.
- Bellclap (Tommy Herbert; 01-Oct-2004; Z-code 5).
- Camelot (Finn Rosenløv 02-Aug-2010; ADRIFT).
- The Origin of Madame Time (Mathbrush; 01-Oct-2018; Glulx).
- Pas De Deux (Linus Åkesson; 01-Oct-2019; Z-code).
- Napier's Cache (Vivienne Dunstan; 02-Apr-2020 Glulx).
- Stuff of Legend (Lance Campbell; 01-Oct-2020; Glulx).
- The Magpie Takes the Train (Mathbrush; 01-Oct-2020; Glulx).
- The Cursèd Pickle of Shireton (Hanon Ondricek; 01-Oct-2020; AXMA; Web browser).
- The Song of the Mockingbird (Mike Carletta; 01-Oct-2021; Glulx).
- Sting (Mike Russo; 01-Oct-2021; Glulx).
- ADRIFT-O-Rama (Dana Crane as "Mystery"; 2003; ADRIFT 4). One of the mini-golf holes is called "The Amazing Poodle Boy's Hole" which features a hot air balloon, a poodle statue, and hundreds of rabbits.
- Interview: Jason Guest questioned by KF (View HTML), (View PDF) - InsideADRIFT Issue 13, January/February 2004.
- In The Hot Seat - Interview with Jason Guest (View PDF), (taf Version) - InsideADRIFT Issue 32, November/December 2006.