Best Puzzles (Erins)
Awarded to the game with the best puzzles.
From the 2005 ballot:
Award to the game that had the most compelling puzzles that made sense and whose solutions were logical within the game’s environment, and added to the enjoyment of the game as a whole.
Note: A "first age game" was written prior to 2000; a "new age game" is one written on or after 2000.
- Best Puzzles in a First Age Game: An Afternoon Visit (Mkj; 1998; AGT).
- Best Puzzles in a New Age Game: The Generic New York Apartment Building (NewKid; 1999; TADS 2).
- Best Puzzles: Dear Brian (Choices and Christopher Cole; TADS 3).
- Best Puzzles: Santa's Little Helper (A. Bomire; TADS 2).
- Best Puzzles: Ideal Pacific Coast University (NewKid; 22-Apr-2005; TADS 3).
- Best Gameplay/Puzzles: Gifts of Phallius 2: The Key to Eternity (GoblinBoy; TADS 2).
The Best Puzzles award category was accidently left off the ballot in 2007.
There was no Erins 2008.