Gris et Jaune
|Gris et Jaune|
|Authoring system||Inform 6|
|Cruelty scale||Cruelty to be determined|
How It Begins
Pig. It's not a barbecue: there's no molasses or onion. Instead it's an acrid smell that bites at your nose and steals the breath from your lungs.
Dirt. Hedging you in on all sides. Your shoulders, back, and feet touch it and it falls from above onto your legs. It sends cold through you. But warmth comes in through your arm, through a needle.
Voices. A woman. "Will it work?" A man. "Yes."
Faces. The faces dip in and out. You've never seen them before, and you won't again. You blink more and more and each blink lasts longer than the previous.
Blood. It wells in your mouth and spills to the left side. You swallow what you can and scream. You keep screaming until the dirt fills your open mouth.
- Gris et Jaune (Jason Devlin as "Steve van Gaal"; 01-Oct-2010; Glulx).
- Beta-testers: Gravel, Chris, Leandro, Jim Aikin, Strask, and Poster; and Dan Shiovitz and Mike Snyder (for early direction).
- Release 1 / Serial number 100930 / Inform v6.31 Library 6/11 SD
- IFID: GLULX-1-100930-638F7FD5
IFID links: IFDB
- IF Comp 2010: Tied for 9th place of 26 entries.
- Download Gris%20et%20Jaune.ulx from the IF Archive Story file.
- Download Gris%20et%20Jaune%20Handbill.jpg from the IF Archive Handbill feelie.
- Baf's Guide line wanted. (Please replace this line with a baf game template.).
- Gris et Jaune - at IFDB
- Gris et Jaune - at ifwizz interactive fiction (in German).
- Gris et Jaune - Post Comp - comments by the author.
- Review by Martin Barth (in German).
- Review by Brad Buchanan.
- Review by Conrad.
- Review by Dark Star.
- Review by Shane Fitzgerald-Gale.
- Review by Victor Gijsbers.
- Review by Christopher Huang.
- Review by Kevin Jackson-Mead.
- Review by Admiral Jota.
- Review by Yoon Ha Lee.
- Review by Jacqueline A. Lott.
- Review by Michael Martin.
- Review by Iain Merrick.
- Review by Carl Muckenhoupt.
- Review by Steven Odhner.
- Review by Jenni Polodna.
- Review by Rhian.
- Review by Chris Odhner.
- Review by Kate Sherrod.
- Review by Dan Shiovitz.
- Review by Emily Short.
- Review by Jake Wildstrom.