News in 2010
News items are archived here.
Browse the news items by year:
- Inside Erin: The AIF Newsletter Volume 6 Number 1 (January 2010) in pdf and text formats.
- The next issue of the SPAG webzine needs your submissions: reviews and articles about IF. Deadline: February 15, 2009. See also Call for Submissions for SPAG Issue #57 (RAIF thread).
- GET LAMP Artwork and Poster. New artwork by Lukas Ketner for the GET LAMP documentary can be previewed and bought as a poster.
- Inside Erin: The AIF Newsletter Volume 6 Number 2 (February 2010) in pdf and text formats.
- Issue #57 of SPAG (February 18, 2010) - includes an article by Marius Müller, interviews with Eric Eve, Sarah Morayati, and Ben Collins-Sussman and Jack Welch, reviews of Backup, Ghost Town, In the Rye Episode 1: Lots of Trouble, My Uncle George, The Quaking of WarCrysis 3: Resistance of Black Doom, Klockwerk: The Shadow in the Cathedral, Walker & Silhouette, and all the Saugus.net Halloween Ghost Story Contest games.
- Inside Erin: The AIF Newsletter Volume 6 Number 4 (April 2010) in pdf and text formats.
- The ninth PDF issue of SPAC 2.0, the Spanish IF newsletter, has been published.
- Inside Erin: The AIF Newsletter Volume 6 Number 5 (May 2010) in pdf and text formats.
- The new version of CASA, the website about 8-bit text adventures, was launched. Now with not only solutions and maps but also more information about the games, ratings, reviews, etc.
- Issue #58 of SPAG (May 29, 2010) - includes articles about IF at PAX East 2010, other articles by Adam Atkinson, Jimmy Maher, Stuart Allen, Fabien Vidal, Radical Al, and Michael Whittington, and reviews of the Jay is Games Casual IF Competition and TWIFcomp games, Crobe, and Raising the Flag on Mount Yo Momma.
- Creating Interactive Fiction with Inform 7, a book by Aaron A. Reed, will be released this month.
- Get Lamp, a documentary by Jason Scott about IF, is released.
- The first issue of The Parser, an IF newsletter in German, is released.