Websites for downloading or playing IF
Pages with several games
- ADRIFT Adventure Development and Runner - Interactive Fiction Toolkit. The main Adrift site, with many Adrift games that can be downloaded for free.
- Shadow Vault Website. Homepage of David Whyld. Contains, among other things, many Adrift games that can be downloaded for free.
- Quest. Homepage for Quest authoring system. Contains, among other things, many Quest games that can be downloaded for free. Also, Quest games can be played online at textadventures.co.uk.
- Reality-On-The-Norm. Reality-On-The-Norm is a series of games by various authors set in the same environment, and featuring many of the same characters. Everybody is invited to make more games. Most of the games are graphical point-and-click games. Some are IF. Download games for free.
- iFiction. Play many games online for free. No plugins required.
- smallwhitehouse.org. Play games directly from this mirror of the IF Archive on your browser. Restricted to Inform, TADS, and Glulx games with story files ending in .z3, .z5, .z8, .gam, .blb, or .gblorb.
- University of Michigan Dearborn. Play or download Inform games made by students for an assignment. Free.
- Femo Duo Entertainment Homepage of two programmers. Has games that can be downloaded for free: two graphical games with text interface, one in English, one in both English and Dutch.
- Homepage of Bob Withers has games that can be downloaded for free.
- JonRipley.com has the Inform demonstration games and demonstration games from the Mini-Adventure authoring system.
- Adventure Games Live. Play menu-based text adventure games online for free; no Java or cookies are required. Game progress is saved automatically on the server with each move. Eight full-length games are available, and more are on the way.
- Malinche Entertainment Online Game Launch Center Play Java games and demos online for free.
- Mystery House Taken Over Remixes of Mystery House by Ken and Roberta Williams. Download or play online for free. See Mystery House Taken Over.
- Nostalgia8's TekstAdventure Pagina's contains Dutch tekstadventures, mostly ones written for 8-bit platforms. Page in Dutch.
- Delron Website. Homepage of Richard Otter. Contains many Adrift games that can be downloaded for free.
- magneticscrolls.net- Play classic text adventure games online. Allows users to play the titles from Magnetic_Scrolls via SSH. Powered by DMagnetic and hosted at openbsd.amsterdam.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Has illustrations and the possibility of saving your game. Play online for free.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Original game without illustrations or the possibility of saving your game. Play online for free.
- Peasant's Quest. A graphical game with text interface. Found on Homestarrunner.com, a page with many cartoons and some games. Play online for free.
- Thy Dungeonman. Found on Homestarrunner.com, a page with many cartoons and some games. Referred to in the cartoon Strong Bad e-mail 94. This game is arguably just a joke. Play online for free.
- Thy Dungeonman II on the page of demos for Videlectrix. Also demos of other not-IF games. Play online for free.
- Things that Don't Exist by Nicholas A Matteo. Two versions of a Inform game that can be downloaded for free. Part of the Things That Don't Exist Excellent Remix contest. The page has information about the contest; the game is about halfway down the page.
- Leisure Suit Harry The College Years Graphical game with text interface. Rip-off/homage of Leisure Suit Larry. For adults. Play online for free.
- Habeas Dorkus A Harvey Birdman Text Adventure Based on the cartoon.