Template:Main Page News
(Redirected from Template:Feature article)
The following will appear on the Main Page. Instead deleting old items, please copy and paste them under the Archive heading below.
The following is an archive of previous news items:
- 28 Apr 2022: Inform 7 is now open-source!
- 1 Sep 2022: IFWiki has a new Events database! Upcoming events automatically show up on IFWiki's front page. Add an event!
What's new in the IF scene:
Still going strong:
- Annual competitions like IF Comp, Spring Thing, and the XYZZY Awards.
- Parser-based authoring tools like ADRIFT, Dialog, Inform 6, Inform 7 and TADS 3.
- Choice-based authoring tools like ChoiceScript, Ink and Twine.
- Hybrid authoring systems like Quest.
- Retro-style parser authoring tools like Adventuron, PunyInform and ZIL.
- 2 Mar 2023: IFWiki now has an interactive calendar of events on the Main Page, which contains the events you have added to the database using Form:Event. Scroll through months using the arrows, and click on any calendar item to go to its wiki page.
- 19 Nov 2022: IFWiki now checks for broken external links. To help fix the links, see Replacing dead links.
- 23 Jan 2022: The Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation has adopted IFWiki!
- 20 Jan 2022: IFWiki has a searchable database of interpreters, authoring systems, and other software!
- 15 Aug 2021: Gruescript, a parser/choice hybrid development language by Robin Johnson