You are a Chef!
|You are a Chef!|
|Authoring system||TADS 2|
How It Begins
Hello Chef!!! You are outside a SHOP! There is a POT! You have a list! You must make FOOD! Hello Chef! You need potato, monkey, octopus, cabbage, paperclips, tomato. Then the MYSTERY INGREDIENT! You hear potato from south! First to food wins!
Trivia and Comments
- First Speed-IF game to ever be nominated for any XYZZY Award.
- The location "23rd and Lincoln" suggests that the game takes place in Seattle, Washington.
- Inspired the following:
- The You are a Chef! movie by Taco The Wonder Dog. Watch it at YouTube.
- The unofficial sequel Are You A Chef? (Adam Biltcliffe; 2000; Z-code).
- The autochef's line "Need! More! Ingredients!" from Savoir-Faire (Emily Short; 2002; Z-code).
- The title of Need! More! Toast! (Adam Biltcliffe; 2003; Z-code) for Speed-IF ToasterComp II.
- An April Fool's event on ifMUD where random food ingredients were falling at random intervals in and near the lounge.
- The name of ifMUD's Kingdom of Loathing Clan: "Need! More! Meat!"
- You are a Chef! (Dan Shiovitz; 2000; TADS 2).