First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition
(Redirected from IF Comp 1995)
The First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition was created and organized by G. Kevin Wilson in 1995. Only Inform and TADS games were eligible, and were ranked in separate divisions; this changed in the following year.
1995 IF Comp Results -- Inform Division
- A Change in the Weather (Andrew Plotkin).
- The Mind Electric (Jason Dyer).
- The Magic Toyshop (Gareth Rees).
- MST3K1: Detective (C. E. Forman). Based on Detective (Matt Barringer; 1993; AGT, Z-code).
- All Quiet on the Library Front (Michael S. Phillips).
- Tube Trouble (Richard Tucker).
1995 IF Comp Results -- TADS Division
- Uncle Zebulon's Will (Magnus Olsson).
- Toonesia (Jacob Weinstein as "C. J. T. Spaulding").
- The One That Got Away (Leon Lin as "The Author").
- A Night At The Museum Forever (Chris Angelini); tied with
Undertow (Stephen Granade).
- Undo (Neil deMause as "Null Dogmas").
Miss Congeniality Awards
These awards, voted by the authors of the entries, began in the following year.
- IF Comp site
- Baf's Guide
- IF Archive
- SPAG #7: Special 1995 I-F Competition Issue - October 14, 1995.
- Comments by Julian Arnold
- Comments by Trevor Barrie
- Comments by Colin Turnbull (ct)
- Short reviews by Palmer Davis
- Comments by Michael Kinyon
- Results of the First Annual IF Competition (archive) by Eileen Mullin
- Comments by Andrew Plotkin
- Comments by Dan Shiovitz
- Comments (TADS entries) by Jacob Weinstein