First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition
|The Annual IF Competition|
|Browse by Year||1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023|
|Platforms||ADRIFT • Alan • Glulx • Hugo • TADS 2 • TADS 3 • Twine • Z-Code • Other|
|Features||Golden Banana of Discord • Miss Congeniality • Rising Star • Non-English • Prizes • Statistics • T-shirts • Two hour rule|
|See also||CompXX • IF Comp works|
The First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition was created and organized by G. Kevin Wilson in 1995. Only Inform and TADS games were eligible, and were ranked in separate divisions; this changed in the following year.
1995 IF Comp Results -- Inform Division
- A Change in the Weather (Andrew Plotkin).
- The Mind Electric (Jason Dyer).
- The Magic Toyshop (Gareth Rees).
- MST3K1: Detective (C. E. Forman). Based on Detective (Matt Barringer; 1993; AGT, Z-code).
- All Quiet on the Library Front (Michael S. Phillips).
- Tube Trouble (Richard Tucker).
1995 IF Comp Results -- TADS Division
- Uncle Zebulon's Will (Magnus Olsson).
- Toonesia (Jacob Weinstein as "C. J. T. Spaulding").
- The One That Got Away (Leon Lin as "The Author").
- A Night At The Museum Forever (Chris Angelini); tied with
Undertow (Stephen Granade).
- Undo (Neil deMause as "Null Dogmas").
Miss Congeniality Awards
These awards, voted by the authors of the entries, began in the following year.
- Results, on ifcomp.org
- Older ifcomp site (archive), including rules and prizes.
- Baf's Guide (dead link )
- IF Archive
- First Annual Interactive Fiction Competition - at IFDB
- SPAG #7: Special 1995 I-F Competition Issue - October 14, 1995.
- IFComp 1995 in Mathbrush's History of IFComp, Year by Year (2017).
- Comments by Julian Arnold
- Comments by Trevor Barrie
- Comments by Colin Turnbull (ct)
- Short reviews by Palmer Davis
- Comments by Michael Kinyon
- Results of the First Annual IF Competition (archive) by Eileen Mullin
- Comments by Andrew Plotkin
- Comments by Dan Shiovitz
- Comments (TADS entries) by Jacob Weinstein